Is the Weber S310 Right for You?
People LOVE their Weber S310 grills.
Most common raves are for quality of construction and awesome grilling performance.
Weber eliminated the biggest complaint with a minor re-design for 2011 which moves the burner controls off the side and puts them on the front.
Some people find assembly a bit more challenging than others. But even those who found it took longer than they’d hoped were delighted for the opportunity to see first-hand the quality of parts and construction as they put the grill together.
Here’s are some highlights of what folks had to say.
What Are People Saying About Their Weber S-310 Grill?
- “Grilling with this product is fantastic. This is the best grill I have ever owned and I’m glad I own a Weber Genesis S-310.”
- “You might find cheaper grills or bigger grills for the same money or higher BTUs but overall, I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a “better grill” out there.”
- “Excellent grilling. Sturdy. I’m glad I spent the extra for the stainless. I was pleased that it came with stainless cooking grates as well.”
- “Plan a couple of hours for assembly, but easy to follow instructions. Putting it together made me appreciate the quality of the grill and it’s sturdiness.”
- “I’m very pleased with it’s performance! I’ve grilled a variety of meats and vegetables and it has done an excellent job. It does get hot on high -600 degrees or better (great for searing steaks).”
- “I was apprehensive at ordering such a large product from Amazon but amazed at how fast I got it and the store perfect condition it arrived in.”
- “This grill has exceeded all of my expectations and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.”
- “This Made in the US grill is a solid as they come, with excellent build quality, packaging and user documentation.”
- “WOW, what a great grill! This grill is HEAVY and I love it being stainless steel. Cooks everything evenly. The grill works great.”
- “The only ‘downside’… you have to purchase a LP tank separately.”
One man sums it up this way:
I hesitated to spend this much money on a grill, but my friend has had a Weber just like this one for a couple of years, and it still looks brand new. My friend uses his grill at least 4 times a week, even in the dead of our Illinois’ winters. His gave his previous Weber gas grill, which he had had for about ten years, to his daughter and son-in-law because it was still working well. So, I decided to spend the extra money and get a grill that I thought would last, and I’m glad I did.
Weber s310 for 2011
The Weber S310 has gone through some minor design changes for 2011. Most notable is the relocation of the 3 burner controls. They are now placed on the front of the grill, freeing up additional space on the right hand work surface, where the controls used to be.
As of this writing, you can still find some of the 2010 model year Weber S310 grills available for sale on Amazon, in addition to this year’s model.
One of the very few complaints owners of past year’s models have cited is that they’d prefer to have the controls up front to free up that additional workspace, and clearly the folks at Weber were listening and have taken the suggestions into account.
On the other hand, if the additional workspace isn’t important to you, there may be some better deals available on last year’s Weber S310 model.
See How Easy It Is to Clean the Weber Genesis S-310